The Tsum Valley, also known as the Hidden Valley a land of monasteries and hamlets with totally Tibetan population lies on the northern part of Manaslu on the Nepal-Tibet border and used to be a restricted area until 2008. Although the region lies within Nepal, the Buddhism influenced region is a world of its own. Traditionally, Tsum used to be a separate area different from both Nepal and Tibet. The Tsum Valley region is still less exposed in comparison to other tourist areas, with relatively virgin and less beaten paths in comparison to the more popular regions. The Tsum people have their own way of family life, which may be quite surprising for many outsiders. All the brothers in the family are married to a single girl, what you may call a practice of polyandry. Compared with other areas, The Tsum Valley and Manaslu area is full of imminent mountains, passes, deep gorges, hamlets, gompas, chortens, and mani walls.
The trek to Tsum Valley takes you into the majestic surroundings of the Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal, and Boudha Himal ranges. In the initial days of the trek, we explore the Budhi Gandaki Valley through a mix of dense forest, terraced fields, and hill villages. As we leave the main Manaslu Trail for the Tsum valley, suddenly we get a feeling of entering truly into the hidden valley. While on the trek, we also pass through the alpine forests, glacial rivers, and enjoy the warm hospitality of ethnic people. We also visit the ancient Buddhist Gombas of the region including the Milarepa's Cave, Rachen Gompa, Mu Gompa among others.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 2 Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 3 Drive to Barpak.
Day 4 Barpark to Laprak.
Day 5 Laprak to Khorlabeshi.
Day 6 Khorlabeshi to Jagat.
Day 7 Jagat to Philim.
Day 8 Philim to Chumling.
Day 9 Chumling to Chokhangparo.
Day 10 Chokhangparo to Nile.
Day 11 Nile to Bhajyo (Chhekya).
Day 12 Rest at Bhajyo (Cheekya)
Day 13 Bhajyo to Rachen Gompa.
Day 14 Rachen Gompa to Chumje.
Day 15 Chumje to Bihi.
Day 16 Bihi to Namrung.
Day 17 Trek from Namrung to Lho.
Day 18 Trek from Lho to Samagaon.
Day 19 Trek from Sama to Samdo.
Day 20 Samdo - High Camp.
Day 21 High Camp – Bimthang.
Day 22 Rest day at Bimthang
Day 23 Trek Bimthang to Dharapani.
Day 24 Dharapani - Ghermu.
Day 25 Ghermu - Besisahar.
Day 26 Drive Besi Sahar to Kathmandu.
Day 27 Farewell, friends
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader
- Porter service
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Sherpa outdoor Adventures trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes