‘Introduction to Sherpa Culture’ is a great short trek that gives us a chance to relish hiking in the astounding Himalayan trails of the Everest region while also exploring Buddhist monasteries and rich cultural traditions of the Sherpas who are inhabitants of the Nepalese Himalayas.
Our Everest adventure begins in Kathmandu with visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The actual trek begins from Lukla and along the trails we admire the exquisite Himalayan landscape and unearth local legends that talk about Everest’s greatest climbers who are Sherpas, artists and even the elusive Yeti!
On our ‘Introduction to Sherpa Culture’ trek, we also visit the very famous Tengboche Monastery, the biggest monastery in the Everest region of Nepal. The monastery also hosts the Mani Rimdu festival which is the biggest festival of the Sherpas. It falls on the tenth lunar month of Tibetan calendar, corresponding to the months of October and November, which is coincidentally during the best trekking season in Nepal.
Included in the Cost
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 2 Kathmandu: Sightseeing and preparation for the trek
Day 3 Fly to Lukla then trek to Phakding.
Day 4 Phakding to Namche Bazaar.
Day 5 Namche Bazaar (Acclimatization Day).
Day 6 Namche Bazaar to Thame.
Day 7 Thame to Khumjung.
Day 8 Khumjung to Phortse.
Day 9 Phortse to Pangboche.
Day 10 Pangboche to Tengboche.
Day 11 Tengboche to Namche Bazaar.
Day 12 Namche Bazaar to Lukla.
Day 13 Fly to Kathmandu
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports
- 3 nights in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu and teahouses during the trek
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Domestic flights and airport departure taxes
- English speaking, trained and experienced trek Guide
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Sherpaoutdooradventures Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paper work and permits (National Park Permit, TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes