Kailash Tour via Simikot is an excellent journey to Mt. Kailash whereby we experience trekking in one of the most remote western parts of Nepal before entering Tibet. We arrive in Kathmandu and spend a day resting and preparing for the trip and fly to Nepalgunj, a city in the western Terai plains of Nepal the next day. On our Simikot to Kailash journey, we travel along ancient pilgrimage routes and trade links, trekking across the border into Tibet. Our Tibet tour starts with a visit to the Garuda Valley, a place believed to be the cradle of the Tibetan civilization during the ancient times when bon religion was practiced throughout Tibet, long before Buddhism was introduced. Next, we circumambulate Mt. Kailash and tour Mansarovar Lake, both of which hold great natural, cultural and religious significance. The Kailash Tour via Simikot ends in Lhasa which is called the ‘cradle of Tibetan civilization.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 2 Free day in Kathmandu with visa and trip preparation
Day 3 Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj.
Day 4 Fly to Simikot and trek to Dharapori.
Day 5 Dharapori to Kermi.
Day 6 Kermi to Yalbang.
Day 7 Yalbang to Tumkot.
Day 8 Tumkot to Yari.
Day 9 Yari to Hilsa.
Day 10 Hilsa to Purang.
Day 11 Purang to Montser.
Day 12 Sightseeing of Garuda Valley, then transfer to Darchen .
Day 13 First day of Kora: hiking to Dira Puk Monasterys.
Day 14 Second day of Kora: hike to Dzutul-puk.
Day 15 Third day of Kora: hiking to Darchen and transfer to Manasarovar
Day 16 Tour of the Mansarovar Lake
Day 17 Mansarovar to Saga.
Day 18 Saga to Shigatse.
Day 19 Shigatse to Lhasa.
Day 20 Final Departure
- Pickups and drops from airport(s) and hotel(s)
- Hotels in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj and Tibet. Teahouse during the trek
- Breakfast in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj and Tibet
- All meals while trekking in Nepal (only)
- Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and from Nepalgunj to Simikot with airport departure taxes
- Assistance in acquiring the Chinese visa
- All necessary permit(s) and entry fees (including Tibet Travel Permit)
- Hilsa, Kailash, Garuda valley, Lhasa transfer by private vehicles (van or Hiace or bus)
- English-speaking, trained and experienced local guide(s)
- Fees for porter or horse from Simikot to Hilsa and during Kora
- T-Shirt, sleeping bag , down jacket, and duffle bag
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lake Mansorver Kora bus fee
- All necessary paperwork