On our 16-day Island Peak Expedition, you will not only reach the summit of the magnificent Island Peak but also experience trekking in the most coveted Everest region. Island Peak also called Imja Tse by the Nepalese is a popular choice for novice climbers who wish to begin their mountaineering journey by summiting Island Peak and then move on to other peaks. The mountain was named "Island Peak" in 1952 AD due to its striking location in the middle of the Chhukung valley, like an island in a sea of ice. Island Peak has an impressive, highly glaciated west face that rises from the Lhotse Glacier which is a bit tough to do; however, the magnificent views from the summit are certainly a fitting reward for your efforts.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 2 Fly to Lukla then trek to Phakding.
Day 3 Phakding to Namche Bazaar.
Day 4 Namche Bazaar( Acclimatization Day).
Day 5 Namche Bazaar to Tengboche .
Day 6 Tengboche to Dingboche.
Day 7 Dingboche to Chhukung.
Day 8 Acclimatization: Climb Chhukung Ri and trek back to Chhukung.
Day 9 Chhukung to Island Peak Base camp.
Day 10 Pre-Climb training on Island Peak Base Camp
Day 11 Island Peak Base Camp to Island Peak Summit back to base camp.
Day 12 Island Peak Base Camp to Pangboche
Day 13 Pangboche to Namche Bazaar.
Day 14 Namche Bazaar to Lukla.
Day 15 Fly to Kathmandu
Day 16 Final departure
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- Tented accommodation during the climb
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek and climb
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation in a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- English speaking trained and experienced trekking guide, climbing guide and assistant guides
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paper work; trekking permits and Island Peak climbing permit
- Good quality tents and kitchen utensils for camping
- Group mountaineering (climbing) equipment
- Medical kit (carried by your guide)
- All government and local taxes