The Mardi Himal Trek is an ideal choice for those of us who are looking for an ‘off the beaten path’ trekking experience in the quieter parts of the Annapurna region of Nepal. It is the lowest and perhaps the least visited of the trekking peaks in Nepal. While trekking on this route, leading up to Mardi Himal base camp and finally the high camp, we get to appreciate the solitary trails complete with verdant forests, interesting villages, valleys, terraced farms, dazzling rivers and the extraordinary views of the Annapurna, Machhapuchre (Fishtail) and Hiunchuli mountains. Another benefit about this trekking route is that the trail makes a small circuit up to the base camp of Mardi Himal so that we don’t have to backtrack over the same terrain.
In conclusion, Mardi Himal trek is a short trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal where we stay in teahouses (lodges), try local food, appreciate the excellent hill and mountain landscape; and marvel at the panoramic views of the massive Himalayan mountains including Annapurna, Machhapuchre, Hiunchuli and Mardi Himal.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 2 Drive to Pokhara.
Day 3 Drive to Phedi and trek to Deurali.
Day 4 Deurali to forest camp.
Day 5 Forest Camp to low camp.
Day 6 Low camp to high camp.
Day 7 High camp to upper viewpoint return back to high camp.
Day 8 High camp to Sidhing Village.
Day 9 Trek to Lumre, drive to Pokhara and fly to Kathmandu.
Day 10 Final departure
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek
- All ground transportation in a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Domestic flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food, and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes