Everest High Passes Trek is an exhilarating adventure in the Himalayas of Nepal that includes trekking on popular Everest trails while also discovering unique gems of the Khumbu region. On our trekking adventure, we cross three high passes in the Everest region - Kongma La Pass (5,535/18,159ft), Cho La Pass (5420m/17,782ft) and Renjo La Pass (5,340m/17,520ft) and set foot on the Everest base camp, climb Kala Patthar and Gokyo Ri; and tour Gokyo Lakes. This route also introduces trekkers to the remote and untouched Nangpa La Valley, the Sherpa village of Marlung and the monastery village of Thame.
Everest High Passes Trek is an ideal choice for a true adventure seeker looking for a challenging trek in the Everest region of Nepal which also involves crossing high mountain passes. If we are looking to undertake a slightly less adventurous trek than this but which includes Gokyo lakes, Kala Patthar and Everest Base Camp, then Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lakes - 18 Days would be best.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 2 Kathmandu: sightseeing and trek preparation
Day 3 Fly to Lukla, trek to Phakding.
Day 4 Phakding to Namche Bazaar.
Day 5 Namche Bazaar: Rest and acclimatization
Day 6 Namche Bazaar to Tengboche.
Day 7 Tengboche to Dingboche.
Day 8 Dingboche: acclimatization and rest
Day 9 Dingboche to Chhukung climb Chhukung Ri.
Day 10 Cross to Kongma La pass trek to Lobuche.
Day 11 Lobuche to Gorak Shep visit Everest Base Camp.
Day 12 Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar then to Lobuche .
Day 13 Lobuche to Dzongla.
Day 14 Trek to Gokyo via Cho La pass.
Day 15 Rest day in Gokyo: Climb Gokyo Ri.
Day 16 Gokyo to Marlung.
Day 17 Marlung to Namche Bazaar.
Day 18 Namche Bazaar to Lukla.
Day 19 Lukla to Kathmandu.
Day 20 Final Departure
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation in a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes