Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is a beautiful journey to the enticing Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri which is one of the most amazing viewpoints for great views of Everest and the other Himalayas. The 14-day trip begins in Kathmandu where we visit several heritage sites. The Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is an alternative to classical treks in the Everest region. Instead, it takes us to the turquoise Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri which provides exceptional views of Everest and the Himalayas. We also get to marvel at the massive Ngozumpa Glacier and the Gokyo valley from Gokyo Ri.
Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri trek is for those who like to walk in the Everest region without the physical stress of reaching the base camp of Everest or crossing high passes in the vicinity. It is instead for travelers who wish to try something new in the Everest region. However, for trekkers who want to reach the base camp of the world’s tallest mountain than Everest Base Camp Trek: 16 days is ideal. Another option for trekkers who like to conquer high mountain passes in the Everest region is the Everest High Passes Trek: 20 days.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 2 Kathmandu: Sightseeing and trek preparation.
Day 3 Fly to Lukla trek to Phakding.
Day 4 Phakding to Namche Bazaar.
Day 5 Namche Bazaar: acclimatization
Day 6 Namche Bazaar to Phorse.
Day 7 Phorse Village to Machhermo.
Day 8 Machharmo to Gokyo.
Day 9 Gokyo Valley: Climb Gokyo Ri.
Day 10 Gokyo to Dole.
Day 11 Dole to Namche Bazaar.
Day 12 Namche Bazaar to Lukla.
Day 13 Fly to Kathmandu
Day 14 Final departure
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes